Find a SIBO Practitioner in Australia and New Zealand
NEW - Four Steps to Becoming a Successful SIBO-treating Practitioner
Free E-Book by Dr Nirala Jacobi ND (USA)
SIBO Test Director and Chief Medical Officer
Are you getting frustrated by lack lack of progress in some of your patients with digestive disorders? Confused by how to treat SIBO? Not sure about testing? This eBook is for you.
We will send you a copy once you've signed up as a practitioner!
DID YOU KNOW...
- IBS is an extremely common digestive disorder with no known single cause.
- A double-blind randomised study revealed that 84% of IBS patients exhibited bacterial overgrowth based on lactulose breath testing*
- SIBO is caused by overgrowth of bacteria in the normally sterile environment of the small intestine. SIBO causes hydrogen, methane and/or hydrogen sulphide gas in the small intestine.
- These gases can cause the symptoms of IBS, but also damage the intestinal wall and interfere with the digestive process.
- These bacteria cause symptoms such as bloating, constipation, abdominal pain, and diarrhoea.
- Hydrogen breath testing is recognized by the American College of Gastroenterology as a non-invasive method of diagnosing SIBO.
- Bacterial infections of the small intestine can be easily assessed by testing for the presence of hydrogen and methane in exhaled air.
* Am J Gastroenterol. 2003 Feb;98(2):412-9. Normalization of lactulose breath testing correlates with symptom improvement in irritable bowel syndrome. a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled study. Pimentel M, Chow EJ, Lin HC.